Health Care & Pharmaceutical Litigation
Schneider Wallace Cottrell Konecky LLP is a leader in the healthcare and pharmaceutical litigation space. Consolidated, multi-district litigation makes up nearly 40% of federal court civil actions, including a large number of cases involving pharmaceutical or medical device companies. Schneider Wallace has been at the forefront of these cases representing nationwide insurance companies as well as other sophisticated institutional plaintiffs.
Schneider Wallace Cottrell Konecky LLP has the industry experience necessary to protect your interests, particularly in the areas of:
- Drug and Device Price-Fixing – Recovering overcharges due to branded and generic drug and medical device price manipulation
- Defective Drugs and Products – Recovering reimbursements by insurers for defective drugs and medical products
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse – Recovering overpayments made by insurers as a result of Medicare or other insurance fraud, including upcoding
- Off-Label Prescriptions – Recovering reimbursements by insurers for drugs and medical devices prescribed for non-approved uses
- In Re Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust Litigation, (E.D. Pa.): Schneider Wallace represents multiple nationwide insurers asserting antitrust claims against Endo Pharmaceuticals, Teva, Mylan and others concerning price manipulation of generic drugs.
- In Re Thalomid/Revlimid Antitrust and Off-Label Prescription Litigation (D.N.J.): Schneider Wallace represents Humana asserting antitrust and other state and federal claims against Celgene concerning price-fixing and off-label advertising relating to Thalomid and Revlimid.
- Various Confidential Arbitrations: Schneider Wallace has represented various institutional plaintiffs in confidential, healthcare related arbitrations that have all resulted in confidential settlements.