Ryan Hicks was born in Los Angeles, California and raised in Littleton, Colorado. He has practiced civil litigation since 1998 and has represented a variety of clients in products liability, negligence, commercial, and breach of fiduciary cases against corporate and individual clients including ATV manufacturers, airlines, premises owners, banks, investment firms, public utilities, and insurance companies.
In undergraduate Mr. Hicks studied history with an emphasis on Roman history and late-colonial American history. He also spent time overseas participating in archaeological expeditions near Hadera, Israel in conjunction with the University of Maryland. Following his undergraduate studies, Mr. Hicks attended the University of Houston Law Center, where he participated in summer studies at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico studying Mexican law. During this time he also worked for the Mexican law firm of Ancona y Prat where he assisted in international transaction and copyright law.
- Mosely v. Wood Group, No. 18-30523, In the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, representing injured offshore worker under Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act.
- Voces v. ERT, G.O.M., et al., No. 16-20611, In the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, representing deceased offshore worker under Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act.
- Spenrath v. Guardian Life Insurance Co., Inc., No. 13-20196, In the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, representing disabled worker in ERISA claim.
- Alpert v. Riley, 274 S.W. 3d 277 (Tex. App. – Houston [1st Dist.], no pet.), representing Trustor and Beneficiaries against Trustee.
- Susan Combs, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts v. B.A.R.D. Industries, 299 S.W. 3d (Tex. App. – Austin, no pet), representing corporation in claims for taking, seizure, and due process claims.
- Lawrence Marshall Dealerships v. Ian Meltzer, In the Fourteenth Court of Appeals, Houston, Texas, representing individual in breach of contract claims.
- FCA Const. Co. v. J&G Plumbing Services, In the First Court of Appeals, Houston, Texas, representing plumbing company against Lifetime Fitness development company.
- Tajonera v. Black Elk Energy, et al.; Voces v. Black Elk Energy, et al., In the United State District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, representing families of two deceased offshore workers under Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act.
- Black v. Kawasaki, 13th Judicial Court Valencia County, New Mexico, representing minor in catastrophic head injury case against ATV manufacturer.
- Harris v. Finger Construction Company, et al., In the 61st District Court of Harris County, Texas, representing construction worker who fell 6 stories at construction site.
- State of Texas v. Ali Yazdchi, In the 11th District Court of Harris County, Texas, representing individual in civil seizure claims brought by State of Texas.
- Abaday v. Beau Rivage Resorts, Inc., et al, In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, representing human trafficking victims against employment agencies and employers.
- IDT v. Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., FINRA arbitration representing corporation’s claims arising from sale of auction rate securities.
- Kneese, et al. v. Pershing, LLC, In the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, represented plaintiffs against clearing agent in Stanford Securities litigation.
- Friedman, et al. v. Penson Worldwide, Inc., In the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, represented class against clearing broker.
- Morgan v. Amegy Bank National Association, JAMS arbitration, represented individual against bank in claims related to real estate development.
- MRI Playa Vista, LP v. Bronze Queen Management, In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, represented real estate partnerships in contract claims.